“When a person dies, all their deeds end except three:
a continuing charity, beneficial knowledge,
and a child who prays for them,” - (Hadith, Muslim).
Averroes High School believes that all students deserve an education that provides excellent college and career prep, strong character building, and spiritual guidance, development, practice and environment. These are the foundations that will ensure their success in college and in life.
The average cost of tuition (not including fees) for private school in California is more than $20,000. Schools providing a similar academic standard range from $40,000-$50,000. However, Averroes sets our tuition well below the state average in order to be inclusive of a diverse community. To make this possible, we appeal to the generous support of our donors to bridge the gap and allow us to provide generous financial aid packages based on need.
Gifts to our Annual Fund range between $100 - $50,000 and every bit is gratefully put to the best use. Donations to AHS are zakat eligible, sadaqa jariyah and tax-deductible. We encourage all Averroes families and supporters to donate to our Annual Fund, which is used to cover:
- The gap between tuition fees and the costs of educating a student (the gap is currently about $15,000 per student)
- Scholarships for over 60% of our students. Donations to the Annual Fund ensure that families who cannot afford tuition are not excluded from having an excellent Islamic education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Community service programs and internships.
- AHS Falcons competitive sports programs and student clubs.
- Maintaining a 5:1 student to teacher ratio, which guarantees personal attention to each student.
- In-house college counseling, and psychological support services.
- Working toward long-term goals such as a permanent location, indoor gym facilities and science labs.
AHS is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, EIN: 27-4119068. We welcome people of all faiths, backgrounds and financial situations.